Here's a little about us...
- Tulip Tree Creamery was founded in 2014 by Fons Smits and Laura Davenport (with the help of other helpful advisors click here to meet our team)
- Fons (orignally from the Netherlands) has traveled all over the world consulting with and developing dairy plants – focusing on small to
medium scale facilities
- Other recognized creameries in which he’s worked include: Cowgirl Creamery (CA), Traders Point Creamery (IN), Teton Valley Creamery
(ID), Ludwig Farmstead Creamery (IL)
- Fons' main focus is cheese making/production.
- Laura has a background in public health and biology where she worked as an adult educator in hospital settings and for a health-related
software company before moving over into the dairy world in 2004.
- Other creameries she's worked with include Traders Point Creamery (IN), Ludwig Farmestead Creamery (IL).
- Laura's main focus is sales, marketing, and education.
- Tulip Tree Creamery is located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, IN
- Our production facility and classroom is located in a part of town called "Park 100" near 465 and 71st St. on the northwest side of
- We have 5 full-time employees (including our owners) and about 5-part time staff who help us teach classes, sell our products at farmers
markets, support sales and package up our products.
- All of our products are made by hand
- We use traditional European Recipes and add our own twist to them
- A list of our current products can be found here: http://www.tuliptreecreamery.com/products/
- We are always developing new products and love feedback from our customers on which types of cheese we should make next.
- We use microbial rennet that is vegetarian-friendly.
- Our products are being distributed across the US with heavier distribution in the mid-west, east and west coast.
- We are members of the following:
- Good Food Guild
- Slow Food Indy
- American Cheese Society
- Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Zionsville Chamber of Commerce
- Click here to see our Wall of Fame