See our active job postings on our home page. Please feel free to fill out our application form below at any time and we'll reach out to you if an opening should occur. Thanks!
Now Hiring FARMER'S MARKET SALES ASSOCIATES
We are adding 2-4 new staff members to our team!
IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD...
Past job postings...
Full-Time Assistant Cheese Maker
Job Posting: Assistant Cheese Maker
Full Time position 30-40 hrs per week
We currently have an opening within our Production Department and we are looking for dynamic, hard-working individuals to make our award-winning cheese.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready and able to fulfill all required duties.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and brand integrity by adhering to and promoting company policies and procedures, including: Health & Safety, GMPs, SSOPs and SOPs.
• Participate in all facets of the cheese making process; remaining focused on the below priorities:
• Employee Health & Safety and Food safety
• Product Quality
• Safe and efficient set-up, operation and tear-down of processing equipment; striving to minimize loss of product.
• Abide by prescribed make recipes, target moistures and quality standards for cheeses produced ensuring consistency, quality and safety.
• Strive to ensure production targets and goals are achieved according to schedule; rotating through all departmental positions as instructed.
• Maintain the work area, including general housekeeping, to ensure a safe and efficient environment.
• Perform routine quality checks to ensure product meets required specifications (i.e. temperature, moisture, proper seal/vacuum, coding/identification, etc.); documenting all verification actions.
• Assist fellow teammates in reaching their full potential by promoting a culture of team work through demonstrating, teaching, reviewing, and providing guidance.
• Effectively communicate with department, plant and company personnel to ensure safe and effective departmental operations and processes.
• Neatly and accurately complete departmental checklists, verifications and other paperwork, as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prior cheese making experience is preferred but not required.
• 1+ years of demonstrated work experience within the food industry (food manufacturing/dairy manufacturing setting desired).
• Reliable, honest, and respectful.
• Ability to multi-task and self-direct/self-motivate
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Committed to food safety/quality and customer satisfaction.
• Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both verbally and non-verbally.
• Strong work character.
• Working knowledge of computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.).
• Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes, but not limited to: standing/walking on concrete, noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, and humid), routine bending/stooping/twisting/pushing/pulling, lifting 20-40 lbs., maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout shift.
• Working with sanitation chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
Please tell all of your cheese loving friends!
Email resume and application to Laura@tuliptreecreamery.com
We will be looking for a few individuals who are flexible, communicate well and work well as a team. This is a fast-paced environment!!!