Full-Time Assistant Cheese Maker
Job Posting: Assistant Cheese Maker
Full Time position 30-40 hrs per week
We currently have an opening within our Production Department and we are looking for dynamic, hard-working individuals to make our award-winning cheese.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready and able to fulfill all required duties.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and brand integrity by adhering to and promoting company policies and procedures, including: Health & Safety, GMPs, SSOPs and SOPs.
• Participate in all facets of the cheese making process; remaining focused on the below priorities:
• Employee Health & Safety and Food safety
• Product Quality
• Safe and efficient set-up, operation and tear-down of processing equipment; striving to minimize loss of product.
• Abide by prescribed make recipes, target moistures and quality standards for cheeses produced ensuring consistency, quality and safety.
• Strive to ensure production targets and goals are achieved according to schedule; rotating through all departmental positions as instructed.
• Maintain the work area, including general housekeeping, to ensure a safe and efficient environment.
• Perform routine quality checks to ensure product meets required specifications (i.e. temperature, moisture, proper seal/vacuum, coding/identification, etc.); documenting all verification actions.
• Assist fellow teammates in reaching their full potential by promoting a culture of team work through demonstrating, teaching, reviewing, and providing guidance.
• Effectively communicate with department, plant and company personnel to ensure safe and effective departmental operations and processes.
• Neatly and accurately complete departmental checklists, verifications and other paperwork, as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prior cheese making experience is preferred but not required.
• 1+ years of demonstrated work experience within the food industry (food manufacturing/dairy manufacturing setting desired).
• Reliable, honest, and respectful.
• Ability to multi-task and self-direct/self-motivate
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Committed to food safety/quality and customer satisfaction.
• Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both verbally and non-verbally.
• Strong work character.
• Working knowledge of computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.).
• Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes, but not limited to: standing/walking on concrete, noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, and humid), routine bending/stooping/twisting/pushing/pulling, lifting 20-40 lbs., maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout shift.
• Working with sanitation chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
Please tell all of your cheese loving friends!
Email resume and application to Laura@tuliptreecreamery.com
We will be looking for a few individuals who are flexible, communicate well and work well as a team. This is a fast-paced environment!!!